Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Go Away and Come Back Another Day

Rain Rain.....I'm in Florida for Christmas. I drove down by lonesom on Christmas Eve and it rained the whole way down. There isn't a worse drive than a 6 hour one by yourself while its raining. It got me thinking about my rainy day band. Everyone has that music that they like to listen to when it rains. The band I listen to when it rains is the band I'm choosing for my band of the week.



Artist of the Week: The Verve
Cd of Choice: Urban Hymns
Song of Choice: The Rolling People

Well with the past couple artists of the week I have known a good bit of information about them. In this case, I do not know alot of information about this band. Everyone knows them, whether they know they do or not. They're the ones that sang that great song from the 90's "Bittersweet Symphony". It's a great song that is actually on the Urban Hymns cd. That cd is the only cd of theirs I have ever listened to. However, it's the only one I really want to listen to. They're one of those bands that I can't listen to for too long and that cd sufices.

My favorite thing with The Verve is their electric guitarist. This guy is SMOOTHE. The tone he gets out of his guitar is amazing and I have tried and tried to replicate it, but I have failed miserably. Everything about the band is tight though. They had some amazing songs, but unfortunately I do not believe they are a band anymore. But they are one of the bigger influential bands in my musical experiences.

Listen Here

3 comments:

Walt and Betsy said...

Hey a band I actually know! The Verve...i only know the one song you brought up. But I enjoy. Keep up the great blogging in the blogging sphere of the bloger world!

LAURA'S BLOG said...

The Verve! (not to be confused with the Verve Pipe). Bittersweet Symphony is definitely in my Top 10 faves of all time!

Brent Douglas said...

LAME! Update your blog, laptop playa!
Hugs and kisses. Brent