Monday, February 19, 2007

Idle minds are the Devil's workshop...

or something like that right? I've been busy busy busy and haven't had time to update. But I like to fulfill requests! This post may be short but it will feature one of my favorite bands to date.



Artist of the Week: The Postal Service
Album of Choice: Give Up
Song of Choice: Sleeping In

This band isn't really actually a band. Its technically a side project. The singer is the front-man for Death Cab for Cutie and the other guy (his name is escaping me, I want to say it's 'Chris') is a solo artist under the name Dntel. They are named The Postal Service because they started making music by recording a part and mailing it to the other and mailing back and forth adding and composing.

I'm completely convinced that Ben Gibbard's voice is perfect for any style of music.....no matter what. This project is almost like blending Death Cab with nice soothing electronica. Don't fret, it isn't techno. It's got a style all its own. I picked Sleeping In just for the fact that its my favorite. So if you haven't heard these guys check them out! They are uberpopular among the trendy people these days.

Funny factoid: I thought it was ironic that I saw a UPS commercial using The Postal Service as background music.

No comments: